Julie Fletcher, the Director of Essential Skills Training, has had an extensive career working in education and management in the health, community services and aged care sectors.
Workforce Development Services.
Improving Business, Supporting employers ...
- to develop a skilled workforce
- to attract, train and retain competent employees
- in the recruitment process and to induct new employees
- to increase capability and expertise
- in training needs analysis
- to improve workplace culture
- to improve service excellence
- in development and integration of policies and procedures
- to improve compliance and accountability
- to improve productivity
Skill Development, Building skills that assist employees to reach their work potential.
Providing training and assessment support ...
- to raise and diversify skills
- to assess the competency of new employees
- to update skills and knowledge
- 'on-the-job' tailored to meet required competence
- to standardise practices
- to track practical skills
Leadership Development, Supervisors need to be 'on their game' to manage teams effectively. Supporting team leaders to build confidence and innovation. To ...
- improve interactions with, and management of, employees (e.g. performance management and delegation)
- improve interactions with clients (e.g. customer service and managing complaints)
- improve workplace morale
- inspire others
- improve confidence and ability
- implement problem-solving techniques
- develop workplace improvement models
- apply a risk management approach
Services are provided in Newcastle and The Central Coast and, by arrangement, throughout NSW.